The celebration of Prince Charles

Wednesday, November 14th

First a visit to New York back in September, here, here, here. Then a three days promotion visit to Rome with her husband, here, here, here. And now London. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary were invited to celebrate Prince Charles' 70 birthday at Buckingham Palace in London.  It was Queen Elizabeth who hosted the big birthday party for her son on his birthday.

Numerous royals were invited: Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex, Prince Albert of Monaco, Queen Rania of Jordan, King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway and the list goes on.




I have not been able to find that many pictures from the birthday celebration. Actually I only found two. Not much to tell what Mary was wearing, though I am able to tell something. Arriving to Buckingham Palace in London Mary flashed a new pair of earrings. Rather large ones. It looks like a mix and match of 'Lotus' and 'Winter Frost' from Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen, herehere. Seems like I was right about the thing with Winter Frost. Charlotte Lynggaard confirms that herself, here. I also see her golden Cartier bangle and a diamond piece.

That was really all I had to go on at first. Then the royal family shared a photo of the Crown Prince Couple on Instagram and Facebook at the dinner. Crown Prince Frederik looked handsome in a classy blue and white outfit with a little bow tie. Next to him, Mary stunned in a brand new one-shoulder velvet gown from Jesper Høvring (collection: Autumn/Winter 2017). I knew about the designer. I just wanted it confirmed before sharing it with the rest of you. Polyvore Ready shares a picture of the model, here. Her gown features a matching belt with a golden detail - of course matched by her jewellery. I can't really say anything about the colour. It could be either black, dark green or blue. Personally I would say some kind of blue. Do you see a specific colour?

She embraced the outfit with a stunning makeup and a simple half updo. Really wanted to see if she wore a clutch and which shoes she had chosen to wear. But I doubt we get to see any more pictures.

Gown  Jesper Høvring Velvet Gown
Earrings  Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Winter Frost Earrings
Bracelet  Cartier Love Bracelet

8 comments:

  1. I have more pictures and the gown here: https://polyvoreready.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-prince-of-wales-70th-birthday.html

    I thought her earrings were the white and yellow gold gipsy earrings but I could be wrong. They are definitely Ole Lynggaard though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing a link to your blog. It has been very helpful :)

      We are both right about the earrings that are from Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen. Charlotte Lynggaard shared it on her instagram. You find it in the post. It is 'Winter Frost' earrings as you'll read.

      Delete
    2. Ah I had been looking at the official Ole Lynggaard instagram and not Charlotte's. I'm glad I was right about the stones, though wrong about the base. Thanks for running this awesome blog! I couldn't make mine without it, you're my go to for all things Mary.

      Delete
    3. Me too. I never though of taking a look at Charlotte Lynggaard's account.

      Thanks for all the kind words. It means so much to me, to know that you find my blog useful. Keep up the great work you do!

      Delete
  2. The earrings are from Ole Lynggaard: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqNjZnOl5vE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=n1oninnmbd2k and the gown is probably this: http://content.invisioncic.com/r38859/monthly_2018_11/image.png.5f050a69dd96fc3b412633c09f9a6112.png

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I never thought of taking a look at her account :)

      Delete
  3. Hey just letting you know I've found a few more items of Mary's. Here's the link: https://polyvoreready.blogspot.com/2018/11/new-top-ids.html

    ReplyDelete