The Royal Danish Yacht Club's 150th anniversary

Friday, May 13th


Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attended a gala dinner on occasion of the Royal Danish Yacht Club's 150th anniversary accompanied by Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary at the Opera in Copenhagen.

The Royal Danish Yacht Club / Kongelig Dansk Yachtklub
The club was founded back in 1866 after a regatta in Nyborg and was conducted initially under the name of Danish Association for Boating. Today the Royal Danish Yacht Club has about 2,000 members from Denmark and abroad. Queen Margrethe is the patron of the Royal Danish Yacht Club. You find more information about the club here

Kongehuset.dk
Belgaimage.be
Billedbladet.dk 1

Turists visiting Copenhagen experienced something extra ordinary yesterday evening when the Queen, her husband and the Crown Prince Couple were about to attend one of the biggest gala dinners this year, celebrating the Royal Danish Yacht Club's 150th anniversary which took place at the other side of the dock, opposite of Amalienborg Castle where all four royal family members live. Frederik and Mary were the first to arrive, the couple walked from their home in Frederik VIII's Palace to the dock, waiting for Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik to come. In the water were the small barge ready to bring the two pairs slightly to the door to attend the great celebration in the Opera. It was a smily Crown Prince Couple who met the Queen and Prince Henrik at the dock, maybe it was because of the weather which was just brilliant. Perfect for an evening with gowns! All were in a really good mood. I think it's so lovely to see all of them together, does not happen that often anymore. And great to see Prince Henrik who we do not see very often anymore because he decided to retire which the Queen announced in her annual New Year speech. Just great to see them all and to me it looks like they had a really good evening. The four royal family members weren't the only one attending the 150th anniversary, the Royal Danish Yacht Club have around 2,000 members, most of them were participating the Royal Danish Yacht Club celebrations.



Like the evening sun, Mary shone in her stunning power pink gown! My heart can't take it, she just looked so dazzling in her gauzy YDE Copenhagen dress, designed by Ole Yde himself. One lovely gown seen twice before, in Vietnam and Australia but it's the first time she wear in at an event in Denmark. It is a dress I always loved so much with the low asymmetric shoulder and three layers skirt. She looks like a goddess! The first thing I noticed about last nights dress was the huge flower, a rose I guess, on the right side of her chest. As you see on the photos above, the model comes with some kind of black ribbon which is also why I believe she matched black accessories to the dress. Also for the first time, she didn't wore any black items. Yeah! Made me really happy to see this wonder again. I haven't managed to find any quality pictures from the celebration yet, which makes it so difficult for me to identify all of the accessories she wore. Here is what I know and some ideas, then you are welcome to tell me what you see. Maybe something I didn't notice. I differently see her pink and yellow earrings from Annikat, just as smashing as the dress if you ask me. So beautiful! And when we are around the head, take a look at her hairstyle -it's simply gorgeous with the golden leaves hair pin seen 2013. I also see a golden ring and bracelet, possible worn here once before, but not good enough to find out more about it. I strongly believe she is wearing her golden leather pumps from Manolo Blahnik. Could I be right about that? Last but not least, we have the snake skin clutch we have seen a million times before at all sorts of occasions. Since I would told that Judith Leiber designed the clutch I totally believed it, everything about the model and Mary's clutch matched. Not long ago I contacted the official Judith Leiber website and asked them; is this clutch your design or not? Their reply was, we can't tell unless we get to see it. Funny as it sounds that was the answer I got. Then a friend of mine told me about a clutch worn by both Queen Letizia of Spain and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, a box clutch from a brand called Uterqüe. This model has several similarities with Mary's. What do you say? It is a possibility?

Dress: YDE Copenhagen One Shoulder Dress
Earrings: Annikat Diamond Earrings
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik Bb Metallic Leather Pumps

Ideas:
Clutch: Uterqüe Snake Skin Clutch

4 comments:

  1. This is the crown princess's best look of the year thus far. A style icon moment, in my humble opinion.

    RW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is! She looks so elegant, almost like an angle in that powder pink gown which I have come to love even more with the flower as detail.

      Delete
  2. Like and angel is correct. Dare we say, ethereal? There have been a few iterations of this dress; however, I like this one the best. Also, I was looking at the original photo of the model and she does wear a flower in her hair that looks similar to the one attached to the dress -- lovely.

    Regards.

    RW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much ethereal! If you ask me. I think the added rose makes the dress even more beautiful. I never really liked it with these black ribbon, so I'm thrilled to see it without. Can't wait to see her wear it again, hopefully soon.

      Delete