Opening of the Parliament 2015

Tuesday, October 6th



Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the opening of the Parliament in Copenhagen. They were accompanied by Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte. 


The first Tuesday in October is a special day in Denmark, it is the day when the Danish Parliament opens after the parliament members holiday. The opening also marks the beginning of a new parliamentary session and especially because we have had elections, in 2014, that have given us a new government such as opposition. To you who have the interest I found a gallery with pictures from the previously openings. Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik arrived to Christiansborg, in Copenhagen, a 11:45 am. a clock local time followed by Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, then Prince Joachim and his wife Princess Marie and last Princess Benedikte arrived to attend the opening. The royal family attends the Parliamentary session from the balcony which gives a view of the entire parliament hall. Some years back, I visited the parliament where I was given a tour and got the chance to get close to the royal seats. It was a very great experience for such a huge royalist like me! Even though it is just seven chairs. The atmosphere is... well I can't describe it. Most people would think it's weird to say about a couple of chairs, but I'm sure you understand what I mean. There are many traditions attached to the opening: the members must give their speech in the correct order, the royal family should be treated in the right way and not least the prime minister should give his opening speech. This year it was Lars Løkke Rasmussen who should keep this speech. I watched the broadcast and I'm very impressed by his speech - eloquent and judicious.

It was with great excitement I watched the opening on TV and I have to admit not what I had expected a little more of her look. Do you remember her look from last year? - the stunning white coat with the purple accessories? That was classic, beautiful and appropriate! My heart stopped beating for a moment. My first thought today was: wauw Princess Marie you nailed it today! The pastel colour matched with snake skin pumps, this is simply stunning in my eyes. Not too much criticism about Mary's outfit because it is well chosen and I like it but not this day. I would love to have seen just a spike of colour, maybe another hairstyle or eye-catching pumps. I think we should talk about what she actually was wearing and afterwards you could tell me your thoughts. In black she wore a peplum which I think is from Hugo Boss, a shawl to keep her warm in the cold October weather. Mary chose a new, grey, lace pencil skirt and with the help from Heaven we now know that it's from Dolce & Gabbana. Thank you very much for the help Heaven! She accessorized today's outfit with plenty of Marianne Dulong jewellery, a clutch from Carlend Copenhagen, her SAND Copenhagen pumps seen at other openings during the past years. I'm pretty sure she wore a pillbox hat made by milliner Susanne Jull. According to Royal Hats Mary is wearing one of her old ones, the only difference is the flowers added to make a new expression. Draw your own conclusions. And last, a belt in the same grey colour as the new skirt.

Skirt: Dolce & Gabbana Macreme Lace Pencil Skirt (on sale$555 
Blouse: Hugo Boss Ipeplana Peplum Top in Black DKK 845
Clutch: Carlend Copenhagen Vanessa DKK 8,500
Earrings: Marianne Dulong Ocean DKK 7,400
Bracelet: Marianne Dulong Ellipse DKK 20,450
Ring: Marianne Dulong
Bracelet: Marianne Dulong Catena
Hat: Susanne Juul Black Hat 
Shoes: SAND Copenhagen

3 kommentarer:

  1. Could the skirt be by Dolce & Gabbana ? https://www.shopcade.com/product/macram-lace-pencil-skirt/5433a3075edcd6e8313cb6c8
    http://images4.shopcade.com/1200x1200x1135/5433a3075edcd6e8313cb6c8prdwor/aHR0cDovL2Fzc2V0cy5tYXRjaGVzZmFzaGlvbi5jb20vcHJvZHVjdHMvV09ERzJQODYwMDAyTEdZXzFfem9vbS5qcGc%3D/macram-lace-pencil-skirt

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think it is! Thank you so much Heaven :) Yeah!
      Another reader suggested another D&G skirt but the lace flowers wasn't the same. Again, thanks!

      Slet