Our Crown Princess Mary Obsession #8


Yes, we still have to stories left of your Crown Princess Mary obsessions! I have really enjoyed every single one of your posts about the lovely Mary. Sometimes it's nice to write something that does not come from me but you guys because you are so important to me and this blog; without you no blog. I always try to write about things you like and want to read about that is why these 'obsession-posts' are amazing. I get a glimpse of your life, world and what/why you like Mary. This gives me clues what to write about. As I started telling, we still have two amazing posts left and every time I so much look forward to share them with you. Many of you I have been so lucky to write stories about is people I have been even more lucky to get a rather close friendship with, which the same with this woman.  Catherine!


Actually Catherine started her passion about the royals somewhere else; in another country and another woman. The royal woman we all know the story of because of the tragedy that happened in 1997. We know how troubled her life was revealed after her death leaving two little boys and a husband when she died in a car crash, yes I am talking about the one and only Princess Diana, the nineties fashion princesses. "Many years ago (long before your were born!) I really enjoyed reading about Princess Diana. Following her movements as well as her fashion."  I am sure we all, royalists, have a certain love for Diana. Her quiet, caring personality. Her figure as a princess, mother and wife she because the princess to talk about. The tragic death in 1997 was a terrible loss for everyone. Because Catherine was a dedicated follower of her she lost her number one princess. I can't imagine how this must have felt. "... I had no-one to adore in the magazines each week anymore." So sure there are some of you out there who also lost their beloved princess back then.

But than came this average Australian woman who married a certain Danish Prince seven years later. Everybody's Mary Elizabeth Donaldson from Tasmania. One of the reasons why Mary caught her attention was the fact that she is from Australia: "In part I follow her because she is Australian and because of her sense of style." 


As I told you, Catherine and I have known each other for quite a while now. We have never met personally but I still very much enjoy her company. I know Catherine because she once texted me and right since we have had contact now and than. Actually she chose to use much of her answers to my 'obsession-questions' about your Mary hobby, to write about StyleofMary! That made me so happy I can't barely describe the feeling. "Your blog, Style of Mary, is certainly the best site for following her fashion. In 2014 my favourite things to do, was to print off the pictures from the categories 'fashion 1,2,3 and 4'. I am hoping that you will do a 'fashion 5' in 2015." Despite the fact that I know you all love these categories so much I have decided to remove them when time is up. Not that I want to but in a way I feel I have to. You already know why, but because I do not want to get in trouble to copy right etc. You also know that I'm in the middle of updating every single post on the blog which means you get updated links in every post where to find the same pictures as you find in the fashion categories.

"Once again, thank you so much for all the time and effort that you put into Style of Mary, it is very much appreciated." .. and you are more than welcome! I love writing known that someone out there in the big big world actually enjoy what I do. I want to thanks Catherine for letting know a little about her Mary-story, how she because a decimated follower of her and the fact that I had the chance to write and share your story! It is very much appreciated.


Catherine loves the pictures of Mary and Frederik from 2013 when they were on official visit in Australia. That is why shoe chose these photos and they are really lovely. They are from the first day, welcomed by the public in front of the Sydney Opera House.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar