"Mary & Kronprinsesserne" at Koldinghus

On January 31st, Koldinghus celebrated Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday with the opening of a new exhibition: "Mary & Kronprinsesserne" (Mary & the Crown Princesesses). I was there, when the Crown Prince Couple arrived to Koldinghus to attended the official opening in Kolding (here). I live nearby. It was such an experience!

Today, I visited the exhibition. Also a lovely experience. Through the exhibition, Crown Princess Mary is telling the stories of Princess Louise, Crown Princess Lovisa, Crown Princess Alexandrine and Crown Princess Ingrid. These "interactive Mary's" is a genius way to make the exhibition more alive, but also a but creepy. It truly feels like she is there, telling us their stories - including her own. I could not help myself from taking lots of photos. Here are some of them.

... and yes, it is indeed crazy to stand just a few feet from her actual clothes!







No comments:

Post a Comment