TUBA Meeting in Copenhagen

Thursday, August 18th



Crown Princess Mary attended a group therapy session at TUBA with young men and woman such as a therapist to talked about problems and experience to be a child of parents with an abuse. 

What is TUBA?
TUBA is an organization owned by Blue Cross Denmark (Blå Kors Danmark), founded in 1997. They offer help, advise and therapy for young people between the age of 14 and 35 who grew up in homes with alcohol abuse. The help is all free. Among others TUBA's mission is the help those who grew up in families with alcohol problems and to help them to a better life. With the vision that no one should grow up with adults being drunk and if they do - help should be an opportunity! Read more right here.

B.dk
Epa.eu

Back in 2014 TUBA - which stands for Therapy and advise for young people who are children of alcohol abusers (Terapi og rådgivning for Unge som er Børn af Alkoholmisbrugere) - was given the Crown Prince couples Social Prize. When Mary handed over the award to Axel Klemensen and Henrik Appel she reasoned why with these words: 
"TUBA get the Social Prize, because the organization for 17 years has worked extraordinarily hard for these young people. TUBA also works actively to create awareness of the problem and highlight what it has of consequences. Tubas effort to break the taboo that it is to grow up in an alcohol-stricken family is particularly commendable" (tuba.dk)
- Crown Princess Mary
At that time Mary promised to one day visit them and here we have her a year later. According to the statistics TUBA helps more than 400 children and young people every year. To me they are doing an incredible job, voluntarily. I'm not child of alcohol abusers or know anyone who are therefor I can't tell how hard it is but 400 every year are really much, almost scary. I'm please to know that we in Denmark have a place for these children and young people to get some help. To talk about their problems. Most issues can be solves just by talked about them. I know this only is not enough but we have start somewhere. I have the impression Denmark is a country filled with people who want to offer their voluntarily help. I'm impressed. Organization's like TUBA always impress me and I'm grateful. I hope that TUBA will keep going with their impressive job for a long time and I wish the best of lucky with all their future projects - with or without the help from Mary. 

Her visit in the rooms of TUBA at Vesterbro, Copehagen, lasted for about two hours she met several young people who have been a part of the therapy sessions TUBA offers. According to different articles, Mary also took part of the group sessions without disturbing. Everything went normal. Sitting in the light grey couch talking to several member and involved people, she blended in with her new Signe Bøgelund-Jensen dress. This was identified by my reader Kate who found the dress before anyone else! Thanks. A wonderful dress in the style of Bøgelund-Jensen. When I first saw it I had no idea who the designer could be maybe because I haven't had the time to actually look closely. My two weeks vacation is to blame that I'm a little behind here on the blog or I was. I still have plenty of ideas to share with all of you! Later today you will get a post I think it one of my better ideas, not to praise myself. Enough about future posts now we are talking about her TUBA meeting-outfit. Her hair was beautiful naturally waved which gave her a soft and a little more casual look next to the rather fine Bøgelund dress. Small diamond earrings she wore in her ears and Anni Lu such as Charlotte Wæhrens bracelets on her right wrist and a Marianne Dulong bracelet. This is a wilde guess but I think she could be wearing a plain golden ring from Dulong as well. Around her neck she, once again, wore a necklace from Marianne Dulong and Orit Elhanati. Two classic pieces of jewellery with a little fun! She completed her outfit with nude patent leather pumps from Jimmy Choo.

After the two hours of therapy, Mary was on her way home but the car that was about to pick her up was a little late so Mary had to wait standing on the street. Not something I remember we have experienced before, for the car to be late. Things happen. Mary was quite calm and to some Danes joy they got a rather rare glimpse of their Crown Princess. Lovely!

Dress: Signe Bøgelund-Jensen Draped Dress DKK 3,100 
Necklace: Orit Elhanati The Abyss Necklace DKK 10,300
Necklace: Marianne Dulong Atlantic Necklace
Bracelets: Anni Lu Mess Army Bracelet + Fun Bracelet Army DKK 299
Bracelet: Charlotte Wæhrens Rainbow Bracelet w. Saphires
Ring: Marianne Dulong?
Bracelet: Marianne Dulong Piccolo Bracelet DKK 9,800
Shoes: Jimmy Choo Gilbert Round-Toe Pumps $175 (pre-owned)

2 kommentarer: