Celebrating Copper Wedding with a New Stamp!

On occasion of the Crown Prince couple's copper wedding on November 14th, Post Greenland has today revealed a new posting stamp featuring both the royal couple and their four children, here. They are all dressed in Greenlandic national costumes. The royal family posted three more pictures from the photo shoot and they are just adorable! If you haven't already seen them, you have to now. All pictures are taken by Steen Brogaard.

I can't wait for us to celebrate the couple on their big day, but who are we going to do that? How can I gathered all of my readers from all over the world and celebrate them? -with a special post dedicated with your greetings? A special gallery? An encouragement to all of us to make our very own cake and share our creations? Sharing our favourite memory? If you have some ideas I'd love to hear them so that we can celebrate this loving couple. Share your ideas and lets make a vote.

4 comments:

  1. Henriette:

    I like the idea of celebrating the anniversary by collaborating ideas from readers. That is by no means easy but we can certainly try. I have an idea that may work, if time permits.

    It would be in the form of a gallery. A gallery that highlights the milestones in the lives of the prince and crown princess together, but how do we decide which events are milestone? I think once we get over that hurdle, it will be easy, then all we need to do is have a vote and those events receiving the most votes will be in the gallery. We would need to limit the number of events, perhaps, breaking it down by year, then number of events etc. These events would have to be significant, like say the state visits; tours; Queen Margaret's significant birthday celebrations and most importantly births and weddings. I think if we stick to these we cannot go wrong and we will not be overwhelmed. Outside of these it becomes cumbersome with too many to choose from.

    My two-cents!

    By regards,

    RW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your idea with me! I have had something similar in mind; creating a customized gallery. But it have two problems: 1. the photo archive I have access to (Gettyimages) is rather small, 2. time is unfortunately on my side right. Still I really like your idea which is noted ;)

      Delete

  2. Hi:

    Can't build a gallery without photos, can we, and the time crunch especially with your schedule is a very important consideration. Having said that, "Mary's 9 Most Memorable" fits the bill perfectly.

    Thanks and again for fitting us into your busy schedule.

    All the best,

    RW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gallery with no photos is differently not ideal. Unfortunately, because I really like your idea and would love to fulfill it. But I am glad you like my post back down on memory lane.

      -and you're very welcome! It's not a busy schedule without the blog :)

      Delete