Day 4: Official State Visit to Saudi Arabia & Qatar

Wednesday, March 2d

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are on a five days official state visit to Saudi Arabia and Qatar along with a business delegation of 44 Danish companies and 3 politicians, Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen, Health and Elderly Minister Sophie Løhde and Business- and Growth Minister Troels Lund Poulsen, from February 28 -March 3.

Program: Qatar

The Crown Prince Couple
  • 2:00 pm. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visited Maersk Oil's headquarters in Qatar and was introduced to One Collaborative Working Environment. 
  • 3:30 pm. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visited Aspire Academy which is one of the world's leading sports academies for children and young people. 
  • 7:35 pm. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visited Doho Museum of Islamic Art.
  • 8:00 pm. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended a dinner. During the dinner was the HRH Prince Henrik's Medal of Honour and Export Association Diploma handed over by Crown Prince Frederik. 
dailymail.co.uk
Billedbladet.dk 1
* Ppe-agency.com 1
Rexfeatures.com 1


Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary during their first day in Qatar

The couple had a really long day the day before yesterday. Around 8 pm. local time the couple attended a reception at the Danish embassy in Saudi Arabia and traveled to Qatar later that evening. All this late work and traveling is probably the reason why their first event was around 2 pm. the following day. With another long day ahead in Qatar, Frederik and Mary first visit was to Maersk Oil's headquarter, where they among others were introduced to the One Collaborative Working Environment project. As the royal couple caught everybody's attention at Maersk headquarter, they were the center of attention when they visited Aspire Academy in Doho, the capital of Qatar. Aspire Academy  is one of the world's leading sports academies for children and young people with every facility needed to develop your skills no matter what sport you engage. The atmosphere was relaxed and the journalists noticed how well the couple blended in among the players. I had the feeling that Frederik and Mary really enjoyed their time playing some football. Former football player Ebbe Sand met the royal couple and was truly impressed, as Frederik and Mary, to visited the Aspire Academy.

I have to say, YEAH! Because finally we see something else than black trousers. I already have explained everything there is to say about black trousers, so I really made me trilled to see another pair of trousers which at the same time is new! Late last night I received a few bad quality pictures from their visit at the Aspire Academy in Doho and at first I thought we had seen this pair of trousers before at the opening of the Copenhagen Fashion Week last month. But a second later I was sure there were striped, created by small dots. Which I was right about. And in fact I was also right about my suspicion about the designer because Kate managed to find that exactly model she was wearing. So odd why I didn't see them when I visited Heartmade Julie Fagerholt's website. Thanks to Kate! Notice how long the legs are, a trend seen at almost every Danish designer right now. Trendy-Mary in Qatar. Matched with the other items she looked really modern. A minimalistic, young and modern style! It has been told that the long vest is from Zara, let me make it totally clear to you; that is not true. The sleeveless blazer was in fact identified by one of my readers as 2nd Day. I think the reason why some of you still believe in Zara is because that was what I first posted when she wore it the first time at a Free of bullying Seminar in October last year. It's just important for me to sure the right information with you, also because the designers need to get the credit for their wonderful designs. So 2nd Day not Zara. Then we have a new powder pink blouse, looks to me like some kind of soft silk blouse featuring lovely details as fabric covered buttons and pleating around the neck. No yet found but a Danish brand like DAY Birger et Mikkelsen or By Malene Birger would be my guess. Let me know what on your mind. To match the navy blue sleeveless blazer, Mary chose her blue Quidam clutch and suede pumps in the same colour. I also see a pink, possible rose quartz, ring on her right hand and I think it's new as well. I haven't been able to study the ring because the pictures I have do not clearly show the details, but I recognize the style. With a half updo, a magnificent pink lips gloss and diamond studs I really liked how she played with colours, length and shape.

Sleeveless blazer: 2nd Day Alecia (Navy Blazer) DKK 1.039 (on sale)
Clutch: Quidam Grey Calfskin Clutch
Trousers: Heartmade Julie Fagerholt Neta Pants DKK 1.799


Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary visiting the Doho Museum of Islamic Art and a following dinner



It was a beautiful evening in Qatar when the couple arrived to Doho Museum of Islamic Art where they were warmly welcomed by Sheikha Al-Mayassa Al-Thani. They were given a guided tour to see the incredible exhibition and was guided by the museums culture expert who told about the treasures in front of them. With great admiration to what they saw I think it was a visit worth waiting for. Treasures you only see in a museum. They both showed interest in many of these magnificent cultural treasures that show a great part of Islamic history. I believe it was a really beautiful experience to the couple who after the guided tour crossed the bridge inside the museum to host a dinner only for special invited guest. Every guest were welcomed by Frederik and Mary with a handshake and a few words. I feel that there was a sincere respect between the royal couple and their guest. Because this is the last evening in Qatar before the are going home to Denmark again this was an evening celebrated with manner.

Well, well, well what an outfit! A symphony a colours from pink, blue and purple. Mary is truly a master of colours and knows how to wear them with pride. When I look at Frederik's face I see this really proud husband standing next to his wife. I've sad it more than ones but I feel that the couple are way more relaxed now. Of course the first thing we all noticed was that new maxi skirt!! Never thought we would see Mary wear anything like this but when I think about it; why not? Mary always surprises us wearing new trends such as fancy prints. I really really love her skirt. I think it's so clever of her to wear something that eye catching. I'd dye to hear what you think of it because either you love it or you hate it. The skirt will certainly attract these two point of views. Personally I can't wait to see it again. I have had so many ideas where to find this new wonder -Free People, Temperley London, Alice + Olivia, Ted Baker etc. In a way I recognize the style of it but still I haven't found it. Any ideas? Let me know when you tell me about why you love or hate the multicolour printed maxi skirt. Because of the black blouse, all attention was on the skirt. Suddenly I noticed details on the blouse which I hadn't seen at first but it turns out the blouse features lace details. Now when you know it, you see the lace? Sorry but I have to mention the skirt again, I really can't stop staring at the dazzling colours! Enough about that. Time for accessories. Lets start from the bottom. Her Gianvito Rossi shoes matched the blouse as the pink Carlend Copenhagen clutch perfectly matched the colours in the new watercolour maxi skirt. As a master of colours, Mary is a master of choosing the right jewelleries. Stunning aquamarine blues earrings from Annikat which I adore so much. They makes her eyes shine and smile even more pretty. I like the contrast between red/pink lipgloss and blue earrings. With similar stones she wore a bracelet, actually two bracelets. The other one is the rose gold Georg Jensen creation. Last we have three amazing diamonds rings, two of them from Ole Lynggaard. A combination of rings she often choose. Oh and take a look at her hairstyle, it's sooooo beautiful! I would so much wish I could be a part of the process when she is packing her suitcase. What do you say?

End of day 4 and tomorrow is the last day of this visit.

Earrings: Annikat Blue Aquamarine Earrings
Clutch: Carlend Copenhagen Vanessa DKK 8,500
Bracelet: Georg Jensen Torun Cuff in 18k Rose Gold DKK 27,300
Rings: Ole Lynggaard Love Bands
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Patent Leather Mid Heel Pumps DKK 2,345

4 comments:

  1. Could the skirt be Erdem? Reminds me of a dress the Duchess of Cambridge wore last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erdem is one of the first designer I thought about because it reminds me of one of Mary's other dresses with a similar print but despite the similarity of both Mary's and Duchess go Cambridge's dress I can't find it anywhere. Let me know if you do ;)

      Delete
  2. Great blog! Great post -- thank you :-) LOVE that silky skirt and wish you the very best of luck finding out where it came from! It's a classic and Mary carries it off brilliantly with that amazing top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Means a lot to me you like the blog... and post ;)
      Mary's new colourful maxi skirt is indeed beautiful and I really hope I will be able to find out who designed it. Thanks for the support :)

      Delete