ARoS Exhibition: Pas de Deux Royal

October, 11th

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik inaugurated their own exhibition at ARoS art museum un Aarhus. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the opening. 

Frederiketmary.centerblog.net 1

Queen Margrethe and her husband Prince Henrik have in many years both loved to be creative with each their interest. Margrethe has painted, sawn and made collages to movies. Henrik writes poetry and makes sculptures. They both work with a sense of modern art. Now the royal couple decided to exhibit their designs under the name Pas de Deux Royal - an artistic meeting (Pas de Deux Royal - et kunstnerisk møde). The exhibition is placed in Aarhus in the art museum ARoS and displays 150 pieces, new and old, divided into 10 different galleries over approx. 1,000 square meters. The 150 art pieces is exhibited from October 12 2013 to February 23 2014. Among others the Queens landscape paintings, church textiles, set designs and decoupage and Prince Consort poems and sculptures will be exhibited. These are characteristic pieces of art made by the royal couple. Because this is a exhibition by the Queen and Prince they of course attended the opening. They have also been a part of the process before the opening day -where to place the 150 pieces etc. in collaboration with the staff at ARoS. Pas de Deux Roayl was opened with poems written and told by Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik themselves. I have to admit, I've never seen or read any of their poems. As a royalist I might consider it. Have you read one of their creations?

The reason why I post about this new royal exhibition is because Frederik and Mary also attended the opening. I made me so happy to see all four of them together, doing something together. Normally they only gather when the event is new year, gala dinners, state visits you name it. My guess is their presence was to support Margrethe and Henrik at such a special day. A royal event gets a little better when Mary is there. To me it also seems like the four of them make a great team, this makes me wonder how it all will be when Frederik and Mary become King and Queen? Don't you think they will bring their children with them when they get older? Enough about all my questions. To this opening Mary shone in a bordeaux floral creation from Hennes & Mauritz. It's like we know the pattern, right? I think this must be the 4th or 5th items she wear from that one specific conscious collection fall 2011. I do not complain! I love every single items from that collection; the woolen cardigans, floral skirt and dresses, pastel colours mixed with darker colours. This is who I like a collection, unfortunately I was never there to buy any of the items and they are actually not easy to find. Lately we have seen her in bordeaux with I adore, she dressed the colour beautifully especially with her dark brown hair. Cenius & Bach designed her earrings which, yesterday night, featured pink pendants instead of the original purple stones. To match the bordeaux dress she chose Prada-pumps in the same dark bordeaux colour such as red lipstick and to me a rather dramatic eye-make up. No clutch only her Shamballa Jewels bracelet. Well, I am not complaining!

Dress: Hennes & Mauritz Printed Dress $79.95
Earrings: Cenius & Bach Monogram Diamond Earrings
Bracelet: Shamballa Jewels Royal Bracelet w. Argyle Pink Diamond Pavé
Shoes: Prada 

No comments:

Post a Comment