Day 1: Official State Visit to Saudi Arabia & Qatar

Sunday, February 28th

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attends a business delegation to Saudi Arabia and Qatar from February 28 - March 3. The royal couple are accompanied by Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen, Health and Elderly Minister Sophie Løhde and Business- and Growth Minister Troels Lund Poulsen. The business delegation Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary also are traveling with, consists of 44 different Danish companies. 

Program: Riyadh in Saudi Arabia

The Crown Prince Couple
  • Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visits the Saudi Arabien royal family.
Billedbladet.dk
Princessesblog76.blogspot.com
Frederiketmary.centerblog.net 1 2


February 27: Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary welcommed to Riyadh


Despite all the fuss about this trip, it's something I've been looking forward to. An official state visit is always exciting news and it's nice to finally see Mary again and even accompanied by Frederik. Unfortunately, I got a cold and my energy level is close to zero. What I try to say, is that please bear with me if I do not reply your mails or do not write a post about from their visit right away. Be patient. Thanks. On the other hand, because of this cold, I'm tied to my bed and have plenty of time to write. It's just energy I need, not time. But of course I will keep you update on their trip and I hope you ready to follow the couple here with me on the blog. Because there has been so much bad talking about their visit, it is important for me to say that I will only be focusing on the couple as I would do on any other official state visit. It does not mean I do not care, I do but if we start an discussion it will never end. That is the only comment I will make in that case. 

The couple arrived to Riyadh a day before the official visit begins. Riyadh is the capital of Saudi Arabia and is as far as you can come on from Denmark and what the couple are use to. Saudi Arabia is a country with certain rules and traditions which are also very far from Danish etiquette. Despite the speculations, Frederik and Mary were welcomed with manner by important figures from Saudi Arabia. As I told you in the beginning, the couple are traveling with a business delegation of 44 Danish companies and Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen, Health and Elderly Minister Sophie Løhde and Business- and Growth Minister Troels Lund Poulsen, who all attended what I would call "pre-welcoming-ceremony". The official welcoming was on February 28th. The same day as they arrived, February 27th, the couple had also been seen checking in at their hotel placed in Riyadh. I'm sure you know the feeling when you are visiting new friends or is at a party where you only know some of them, you feel a little awkward and you want to do what is expected of you. This is how I see, especially Mary, on these first photos. But I think she will find herself within the next few days and I believe that she feel a little more comfortable because her husband is there. She is not on her own. 

When the news came out in the press that the couple would travel to Saudi Arabia & Qatar many of you started to ask me the one and same question over and over again: Who will Mary handle the situation choosing the right clothes? Well, of course as perfect as usual. Mary is always appropriate dressed no matter where, when and who she is meeting. For good reasons you also know that I could not give you a correct answer because the couple were still in Denmark and their visit from still future. It was clear to me that it was likely she would wear longer dresses and skirt and maybe scarves. Now two days later it's finally time for me to tell you about what she actually was wearing. Matching the large white chairs with the golden details, Mary wore the beautiful Etro coat featuring colourful flowers. This is the third time we see her wear this kinds bohemia coat; School for 200 year in 2014 and on a official visit to South Africa 2014. To match the colours of the coat, she wore a fabulous silk scarf around her neck and not over her head it was believed. I see some jewelleries as well, but because of the really bad quality it is very difficult for me to tell exactly what she wore. I think I see the rose golden Georg Jensen bracelet. It's my guess that she wore a pair of black pumps to match the long black trousers and the of course she flashed her beige Prada bag (you see the same model but in a different colour below) Nothing surprised me with this outfit, Mary would also have worn a similar outfit at home in Denmark. Because of the Etro coat I really really look forward to the next few days. Now my expectations are high. But Mary never disappoints!

Possible ID's
Bracelet: Georg Jensen Torun Cuff in 18k Rose Gold DKK 27.300




February 28th: Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary visiting Al Diriyah



This visit to Al Diriyah was not a part of the royal couples official calendar and it has been almost impossible for me to find anything from the visit, except from a few photos. All I found from this visit is in arabic and was I can do but read arabic isn't one of these things. But if you do and you know a little more of what happened, I would really like to hear from you! Or if any of you, who also do not speak arabic, have found any useful information's I hope you will share it with me. Frederik and Mary were closely followed around the city by a group of people who told about what they'd see during their tour. The many sand-coloured buildings matched where the city is located, in the desert which gives the city a very special atmosphere. It's clear they were not wondering around the streets of Copenhagen. Mary was more than ones seen in a close dialogue while Frederik seems just to enjoy the view. What a way to get a closer look at a foreign country with a personal guide. 

Black is the colour of them all that absorbs most heath, so I guess that covered in black, wondering around a city in about 20 degrees heath is an experience in itself. Sure, Mary is use to the heath from when she lived in Australia but still, I wound't be able to breath. Mary seemed to handle this very well. As when she arrived to Riyadh along with Frederik, she wore long black trousers. I'm pretty sure it's not the last time we are going to see these trousers. Then we saw a brand new coat which over covering, what I believe is a really beautiful white lace blouse. The style of this coat reminds me so much of one of her other black Prada coats. A reader showed me a photo of a By Malene Birger coat owned by Crown Princess Victoria which is similar as well. Do you have any thoughts about it? It features a rather wide neckline and a single button. So far I haven't been able to identify it but now you know which designers I have in mind. She protected her eyes from the Arabian sun with Dolce & Gabbana shades. Again she accessorized her look with the pink scarf. This may have been worn in Morocco a couple of years ago. Left, we have the shoes. We only see one photo of them, where only the toe is visible. This actually retouch the number of shoes in her wardrobe, because a few pair features a black cap-toe -ballet flats from BLOCH, Chanel or Prada. When I look at that single photo where we see some of the shoe, I see her ballet flats from Chanel.

Ballet flats: Chanel Cap-Toe Flats 
 Sunglasses: Dolce & Gabbana DG4175 £204



Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary visiting the Saudi Arabien Royal Family



Their first official event according to their calendar. It was also the official welcoming to Saudi Arabia for Frederik and Mary all the way from Denmark. Despite the location was way different than they are use to, they both seemed to be calm and acted all normal as they use to at public events. The welcoming ceremony was hosted by King Salman and Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Nayef. Large part of the Saudi Arabian royal family attended the overwhelmingly ceremony such as Arabian business people, ministers, etc. Many more attended than expected and it took the royal couple long to greet them all. Danish Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen did also attend the ceremony and later told the press how impressive the welcoming was and how many actually came to greet Frederik and Mary. The couple did everything to make a great start on a five days official state visit.

On this first day of their five day visit Mary was beautifully dressed! The funny thing is that the first I noticed was her hair. It so much reminds me of hairdos she often wore at the time when Prince Christian was born. Really, there is nothing special about it. Maybe what's makes it so great, because Mary manages to add her own glamour and elegance to a simple hairstyle like this. For you who have a medium length hair, this is a perfect updo for both day and evening not matter what style you like. Second I noticed that new purple silk dress she was wearing. To me it looks like she wears black trousers underneath similar to her Vietnamese Si Hoang traditional dress. Am I the only one who sees this? If it's the case, Mary is wearing trousers underneath I think it makes her look even more interesting because it's not something we usually see and Mary masters perfectly to wear clothes that are unexpected and revolutionary, maybe even innovative. She seems always to be one (or ten) steps ahead of the next trend. Not that I believe this will become the next big trend, but who knows? If you take a close look at the dress you will realize it features a beaded hemline around the neck and sleeves. I really adore this detail, makes the dress sparkle even more! And of course there is the colour, magnificent purple colour that suits her beautifully. I sense you like it pretty much as well. She covered the dress with an old goody from Prada, worn during several state visits and when she was pregnant with the twins. I once found it for sale on Ebay which I why I can't share any more than just where it's from. I have a photo of it in my archives, so do not hesitate to contact me if you want to see it for yourself. As other accessories Mary chose to wear black Gianvito Rossi pumps, her favourite clutch from Carlend Copenhagen and yet another pink silk scarf with white roses on. The round diamond earrings and brooch both reflected the lights of the cameras. This only makes me curious to see what other dazzling outfits she has planned for the trip.

Coat: Prada Black Wool Coat $315 (pre-owned)
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Patent Leather Mid Heel Pumps DKK 2.345
Clutch: Carlend Copenhagen Vanessa DKK 8.500

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar