A Donation to the Maternity Foundation

Tuesday, February 2nd

Crown Princess Mary recieved a donation from Inner Wheel to the Maternity Foundation which the Crown Princess is patron of. It took place at Frederik VIII's Palace, Amalienborg.

The Maternity Foundation 
With the vision 'no women should die giving life' the danish developed organization, the Maternity Foundation works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in developing countries by among others seek care in communities where they can have a safer birth with skilled birth attendance. All this to save the more than 800 women who die from complication in pregnancy or childbirth every day. Crown Princess Mary has been patron of the Maternity Foundation since 2010 and has worked hard to spread the word trying to save more women's lives. Read more here

Inner Wheel 
As one of the largest women's organizations worldwide, Inner Wheel have over 100,000 members in over 100 countries around the world. 3,200 of those members are living in Denmark distributed in 122 different clubs. The organization offers a network with room for personal development and new friendships. Every year Inner Wheel Denmark have a fundraising which goes to a project chosen by the clubs. Read more here.

Kongehuset.dk
Billedbladet.dk

Mary is really busy these days which makes me busy (!). I'm already a few days behind with the blogging but within a couple of days you will be updated on everything Mary has been doing. Since 2010 Mary has been patron of the Maternity Foundation, a Danish developed organization whose vision is that "no women should die giving life". With this strong vision it's clear how the foundation want to change the world. It was a happy and I believe proud Mary who greeted CEO of the Maternity Foundation Anna Frellsen, former international CEO of Inner Wheel Suzanne Nielsen and Convention Coordinator at Inner Wheel Benedicte Haubro at Frederik VIII's Palace, Amalienborg. The occasion for their meeting was a little special for both of the sides because Mary received as patron a donation from the Inner Wheel, a donation on DKK 100,000 to support the work of the Maternity Foundation. I am sure they amount of money will be able to help developing present and future projects. The Foundation have already launched the Safe Delivery app, the perfect tool for child birth attendants in low-income countries around the world. The app is developed to strengthen the quality of care during birth and hereby reduce the high maternal and newborn morality rate which is caused by the lack of skilled care. It seems a bit odd, in a country where there are no money for a safe birth, there are money for a phone. That's a fact and an opportunity uses by the foundation to help as many women and newborn as possible. The app features animated video that provide clear instructions on how to handle most childbirth complications. By no doubt I think Mary is proud of the donation she was given to the Maternity Foundation from Inner Wheel, which by the way is one of the largest women's organizations in the world with over 100,000 members worldwide, and of course honored to represent a project that will be able to help in troubled situations. The donation was handed over by former former international CEO of Inner Wheel Suzanne Nielsen and Convention Coordinator at Inner Wheel Benedicte Haubro who both also seemed very pleased to support the Maternity Foundation with the DKK 100,000.

I believe the first thing the invited guested noticed must have been Mary's lovely smile when she welcomed all of them warmly in one of the beautiful rooms at Amalienborg Castle. Well, that was the first I noticed which leads me to mention her stunning make up. Natural and elegant! If you would like to create a similar look, I can tell you she's wearing a soft black eyeliner, a covering foundation and a pale pink with a shade of brown. A quite common colour of her to use. It matched very well her brown hair and fair skin. Actually I think it's a lipgloss everybody can wear because it got different shades in it. Though it's so simple, I adore the look! A look I would love to try myself. The colour of her new blouse I think I would call champagne or maybe golden. I haven't been able to identify it yet but my ideas would be JOSEPH. The blouse features a high collar and long sleeves with some significant stitchings. It has been identified by Kate as HUGO by Hugo Boss. Thanks for the help! She matched it with a new A-line skirt as well which I managed to find at BOSS by Hugo Boss with a little help from a dear friend. A beautiful skirt that I look forward to see again. She accessorized her outfit with a pair of Figaros Bryllup earrings, a golden bracelet from Georg Jensen -which seems to be a her favourite piece of jewellery right now, and of course the red nail polish. For year I have been almost addicted to wear red nail polish but then I ran out of ideas what to wear with this bright colour. Mary just know how to match this colour with anything! So inspirational for me and it makes me want to wear it soon again. Unfortunately, we do not see which pair of shoes she was wearing but I think it could be a pair of nude, beige or black pumps. They would make a perfect match to the rest of her look. 

Blouse: HUGO by Hugo Boss Silk-Blend Blouse: Cilja-1 £135.00 (on sale)
Skirt: BOSS by Hugo Boss Skirt with Elastane: Vapila
Earrings: Figaros Bryllup Earrings
Bracelet: Georg Jensen Torun Cuff in 18k Gold DKK 27,300

2 comments:

  1. Hello:

    It seems to me there are but two photos of this event, which is a shame. However, having looked at them for a while I think she is perhaps wearing a berry lip stain with a frosty pink gloss over the top to mute the berry shade. I think the choice of berry ties in with her nail polish which looks like dark red or maroon. I could be totally off base of course, and if I am, then treat the description as an option to brown.

    As for the choice of apparel, I think the crown princess has been channeling her inner corporate executive all of the past week, with the choice of type and color of tops, bottoms and outerwear. I like it a lot and I am sure we will no doubt see these pieces turn up again this year mixed with other pieces in her closet. I have also noticed that she is opting for shoes and earrings to bring in a pop of color --my take away from this week's fashion choices. Last but not least I am truly loving the long blue trench coat (blue being a color that crown princess seem to like and wears so well) with the inner piece that buttons on the inside which gives the coat a truly distinctive look!

    Best regards,

    RW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, with the lack of pictures from this event it might me difficult to describe what colour of lipstick she is wearing. If you take a look at Kongehuset's link in the beginning of the post you actually see some HQ photos that gives you a clue but still the light is different in every single photos. I think it may be a little too brown/pink to be called berry, to me that colour should be more red....?

      For sure we have seen some really amazing outfits the last few weeks and many new pieces have been added to her wardrobe. Some which I truly hope we will get the chance to see again. They are all timeless and makes a great supplement to the rest of her closet. So I think it's only a matter of time when we will see her wearing these items again. Many seems to have fallen in love with her new Fonnesbech coat, which I of douse did as well worn during the opening of the Copenhagen Fashion Week. What I adore the most about this outfit is her grey trousers matched with the powder pink ruffle blouse and leopard pumps. One amazing outfit! Something I can't wait to try myself! ;)

      Delete