Royal Wedding in Sweden

Saturday, June 13

Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary together with Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended the royal wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Miss Sofia Hellqvist in Stockholm. Now Sweden have a Princess Sofia.

Royalista.com
Gettyimages.com
Billedbladet.dk 1 2
Hellomagazine.com
Princessesblog76.blogspot.com 1 2 3


A wedding is always worth waiting for and a royal wedding even more - if you are royalist like most of us are. What a magnificent wedding with stunning dresses, flowers everywhere and tiaras. Weddings are magical, a specific atmosphere you hardly can describe. I'm sure you're feel the same way, it's a part of the game when being a royalist. Am I right? Most of you probably were cleaned to the screen to follow when the guests arrived, when we first saw the groom and of course the excitement to see the bride in her wonderful wedding gown, long veil and flawless makeup. What a moment when Miss Sofia walked down the aisle was what all of us had waited for. With slow and well balanced steps she walked next to her father to Prince Carl Philip, who soon would become her husband. For every step she took was a step closer to a entire new world as Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland. A sweet moment which will be remembered in many years.

At the wedding Frederik and Mary represented Denmark, such as Queen Margrethe who in fact wore a stunning red gown the same as at her 75th birthday gala dinner. Great to see Denmark's Queen in an age of 75 years old and still wear a red gown, that's style. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie did also attend, Marie was dressed in a slim greenish fitted gown wearing her wedding tiara. We simply have some very good looking royal women in Denmark. Let's go back to our Mary.


I really hoped that we would see something new, a new glamorous gown and we did! The most dazzling gown I think we have seen in quite some years. According to Billed Bladet her magnificent gown is created by Birgit Hallstein. I hope to be able to confirm it. Here I want to thanks all you who have given me the info about this dress! It features a wide, high neckline and a low V-neck on her back and a pretty long train which was only seen on very few dresses. At the front lace work have been added down the dress. The fitted shape of a classic 50s dress gave her slim waist all attention and the light blue colour is great next to her brown hair and porcelain skin. She wore the Swedish Order with the Order Star from her right shoulder to left side hip. The great reader Heaven with the good eyes suggest that her silver glitter pumps, matching the new clutch, might be from Gianvito Rossi and I think that's absolutely right. Thanks for your help! Then Heaven also gave me an idea about the new silver clutch, it made me start the search to find the right one as well. A few minutes later I found what I'm sure is her clutch from J. Furmai. Probably never worn of her before.  

As many other guests at the wedding, Mary wore a silver square clutch. Her outfit became even more gorgeous with the two Marianne Dulong pearl bracelet and her wedding earrings. A little wedding from her own big day back in 2004. I'm also amazed by her beautiful hairdo with the diamonds hairpiece, for me it's new but it could be inherited. I literally can't stop staring at the pictures of the couple; Frederik in his traditional black suit wearing all his medals and Mary in a elegant blue gown with her wedding jewellery on. A wedding to remember!

On behalf of Styleofmary and all its readers I would like to wish the happy couple a all the best in the future and from Denmark a congratulation is now said!!

Tip: to you who did not get to see the broadcast The Royal Jewels (De Kongelige Juveler) then you have the chance once again, there are two episodes in Danish. If you haven't seen them, I would recommend you to see them. Find both episodes here. Enjoy a little time in company with the royal jewelry!

Tiara: Wedding Tiara
Earrings: Marianne Dulong 
Bracelets: Marianne Dulong Catena in Silver
Clutch: J. Furmani Stone Flap Clutch
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Glitter Pumps

11 kommentarer:

  1. I think Mary is wearing Gianvito Rossi pumps:

    http://images.mytheresa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/common/image/1000x1000/330edd83ca00624a0300f61e9dfdc04a/P/0/P00128993--STANDARD.jpg

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tonPhd_r7Cg/VXyVJDPXnpI/AAAAAAACzXo/l1fz4fcHwDY/s1600/29981DCD00000578-3122810-image-a-47_1434225103012.jpg

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. And a Gucci clutch maybe ? ( couldn't find a all-silver model)

      http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/product_assets/V/2/1/U/3/NMV21U3_bk.jpg

      Slet
    2. Heaven I think you're so right about her silver glitter pumps being from Gianvito Rossi. Really good eyes! ;)

      I'm not so sure about the clutch but you idea gave me the excitement to try to find the right one and you know what - I think I did. You find my suggest in the post :)

      Slet
    3. I think you are right ! :)

      Slet
  2. Mary is a winner; http://www.expressen.se/mode/kungligt/brollopets-stilvinnare--se-getingbetygen/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Mary is differently a winner in her dazzling gown!

      Slet
  3. Prada has some ball-gowns with lace detail this season. Maybe she had the custom design this gown.

    SvarSlet
  4. Billedbladet says Mary's gown was by Birgit Hallstein

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. To me it's not likely that Prada is the designer of Mary's dress, don't say it isn't possible. That Birgit Hallstein should be the designer is a bit more likely. I hope I'll be able to confirm it :)

      Slet
  5. I think it might not be the first time Mary has worn J.Firmani. I think this pink clutch looks similar to the one she wore at the Swedish wedding but I couldn't find an exact model. I could be wrong and maybe you already IDed it and it's from another brand but here is the pics:

    http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/billedbladet.dk/files/styles/gallery_image/public/storage_1/media/kronprinsesse-mary-stil7_2014_mh.jpg?itok=UQfhjQgl

    http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/billedbladet.dk/files/styles/gallery_image/public/storage_1/media/kronprinsesse-mary-stil5_2012_aop.jpg

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I have for a long time been looking for this specific clutch and I have still not been able to find it. You might be right about the designer, I can' tell neither have I found it.

      Slet