Day 2: Coronation of a New King in the Netherlands

April, 30

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the coronation of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands.

Zimbio.com
Gettyimages.com
Koninklijkhuis.nl
Princessesblog76.blogspot.com

Finally, what we all have waited for the day is finally here when the Netherlands are going to have a new King and Queen - King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima! As I wrote in yesterdays post then I'm sure they'll manage this new 'job' perfectly, they know their role and what to do. They have each other and make a great couple not only as royals but also as husband and wife. I think they are a great match, the way they support each other is worth noticing and I look forward to see how they do it as head of the Netherlands. Long live the King and Queen!


I'm so thrilled of all this, I love to follow such a big day. Usually I'm cleaned to the screen to see every little detail and when I saw the first pictures of Mary... wauw what a look! I have to say that I was also a bit surprised to see her in the white Charlotte Lynggaard dress. First of all I hadn't imagined that she would wear such a dress (well she often surprises me and all of you with her choice of clothes) and the fact that Charlotte Lynggaard designed it. As you might know she's the chef designer of Ole Lynggaard jewellery. I'm amazed by the work she did with the flowers. Original it was created for Elle Style Award's 50th anniversary show. See it here. It was a great show. You'll also see that the dress has changed a bit around the sleeves. Mary borrowed the wonderful dress. Don't you love it?!


She added beautiful pastel colour accessories to the coronation; powder Prada pumps as she wore at yesterdays VIP gala dinner with the stunning Birtgit Hallstein gown such as the knot clutch from Bottega Veneta. The baby blue hairpiece gave her a ultra feminine touch in the combinational with a well done hairdo and three pieces from the Ruby parure. My guess is that milliner Susanne Juul is the creator of the hairpiece. An accessory that made me even more excited is the Ole Lynggaard Flower  Earrings. This is really a masterpiece with the well-placed diamonds in the shape of flowers and leaves. Mary you won my heart with this look!

Hairpiece: Susanne Juul?
Earrings: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Flower Earrings DKK 139,500 
Clutch: Bottega Veneta Satin Knot Clutch
Shoes: Prada Powder Satin Pumps


Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary attended dinner in Amsterdam


Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended a dinner in Amsterdam to celebrate the coronation of Netherlands new King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.

Zimbio.com

Well, well. I always have the feeling with Mary that it simply can't get better (I might mentioned this before...) and every time it DOES get better. My passion for Mary always brings me to a stage where I never get tired of her and are always excited to see what combination she'll wear next.


Most men loves the colour red. Red is also a really powerful colour which it also symbolize, at that point I might be a man. I adore that colour! It takes a woman to wear it and either your like it or not. If you're one of these who do not like it I really hope that Mary's dress tonight changed your mind because this wonder you just love. Mary is a small woman who can wear almost everything in the world; from colours to prints to skirts, trousers and evening gowns. With her relatively long legs and thin upper body this is the perfect dress featuring a tight top and the several layer skirt. The stunning evening dress is created by Danish designer Jesper Høvring from his Spring/Summer 2013. In this Mary looked like a true movie star with her large Ruby earrings and ring.

What's better then add some stardust to the powerful red dress, with a silver metallic clutch - not identified - and matching silver Prada pumps featuring powder pink sole and the golden Prada logo!! I'm amazed... 
 Dress: Jesper Høvring Red Layer Dress
Earrings: Ruby Parure
Ring: Ruby Parure
Shoes: Prada

No comments:

Post a Comment