Presentation of: Christmas seal 2018

Monday, October 29th

Before we welcomed November the Crown Princess has one event left to attend. On Monday she attended as patron of Christmas Seal Foundation the presentation of this year's Christmas seal. The Christmas Seal Foundation has presented a new seal every year since 1904. The money goes to the Christmas Seal Home, who help children to get track on a healthy lifestyle and create new friends.

Crown Princess Mary was in a splendid mood, such as all the participating children. They simply loved her. Crown Princess Mary was especially adored by a girl, who couldn't help herself from giving the Crown Princess a huge hug. Somehow that does not happen very often. I am sure I would not dare to do it myself.

The grand presentation took place at City Hall in Copenhagen. Crown Princess Mary was joined by the artist Peter Madsen on stage when she was to reveal the seals. Peter Madsen created this years beautiful Christmas Seals. I just love this tradition.




I was quite surprised to see what dress Mary was wearing at the presentation. We have not seen it for a very long time. Still I am sure you remember it very well. This red wonder is a creation from Hugo Boss - a BOSS collection if I am right. Last year she wore something a bit more dark in colour, here. Not as bright at this year. You almost get happy when looking at her red look.

What Mary did is so clever. She matched her red Hugo Boss dress with nude accessories. We have seen her wear this combo many times before. Like here in 2012. I even think it is the same nude snake skin belt she is wearing. As in 2012 Mary embraced the style of her red dress with a nude Naledi Copenhagen clutch and matching pumps. At the presentation at the City Hall in Copenhagen, she wore pointed Prada pumps as at the presentation of Magasin du Nord Fashion Prize 2018, here.

As jewellery she had chosen golden pieces. Her earrings from Dulong Fine Jewelry, bracelets from both Cartier and Ole Lynggaard. Those two golden rings on her right hand are brand new. They are also from Dulong Fine Jewelry. Amazing how good such simple design can look. What a treat. I am absolutely stunned by her outfit. Works perfectly well with the occasion.

Update: I mentioned a creation by Bøgelund-Jensen in my first edition of this post. Apparently, some has misinterpreted this. The two dresses are similar in style, but that's it. To be clear, Crown Princess Mary is not wearing a Bøgelund-Jensen dress.

Dress  Hugo Boss Denna Dress
Earrings  Dulong Fine Jewelry Hook & Eye Earrings
Bracelet  Cartier Love Bracelet
Bracelet  Dulong Fine Jewelry Delphis Bracelet
Bracelet  Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Love Bracelet
Pendant  Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Sweet Drop Charm
Ring ● Dulong Fine Jewelry Curve Ring
Clutch  Naledi Copenhagen Allana Ostrich Bag
Shoes  Prada 

2 comments:

  1. So according to Daily Mail (link below) her dress actually is the Signe Bøgelund-Jensen dress, not Hugo Boss. What do you think? I'm starting to lean towards SBJ, just because I've never actually seen a 3/4 sleeve Denna anywhere else. Let me know what you think.

    https://apple.news/AsQ7_DZfFQiCCjSxs8ft8tQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making me aware of this. I want to make it very clear: Signe Bøgelund-Jensen it not the creator of the Crown Princess' dress. It is confirmed by Bøgelund-Jensen herself. I only mentioned her design as a possible inspiration for a similar dress. I don't know where Daily Mail has this information from, but I know for a fact that it is not true.

      Well, is the dress then from Hugo Boss? I truly believe so. Its drappings, silhouette, etc. are like the Crown Princess' dress, only with short sleeves :)

      Delete