Magazine Review: Vogue Australia

It came as quite a surprise when I received the news that someone was offering me, my very own copy of the August issue of Vogue Australia! I couldn't believe it. Without this sweet woman's gesture I would not be able to get my hands on a copy. I'm truly grateful and honored. Even in my wildest imagination I never thought anyone would we so kind to me. Then a couple of days ago it arrived by mail. With great excitement I finally had the chance to make up my mind about the interview. Then I thought; why not share my thoughts with all of you? The next idea that crossed my mine was; why not make it as a book (magazine) review? Remember how thrilled you all were last time I did a review, here. Hope you'll enjoy reading this one as well.

Such a special feeling, sitting with a copy of Vogue Australia coming all the way from Australia, covering the Danish Crown Prince couple. Editor-in-chief Edwina McCann, her team and photographer Mario Testino met the couple on a sunny March day this year. The meeting took place at Amalienborg, Copenhagen, to talk with Crown Princess Mary about her commitment to sustainable fashion and gender equality. I get the sense of great admiration from the writer. She describes both of them as sincere, committed and down on earth. You feel good in their presents. No doubt that Mary is committed to everything she's doing whether it's promoting sustainable fashion solutions or create new bonds between companies and people on the issue of gender equality. Though I really like all the parts where she and her work is described by the editor-in-chief, I would love to have had many more comments from the Crown Princess herself on the topic.


Her curiosity and sincere commitment to everything she does, has led her to increase her knowledge and I know (from, among others, previous interviews) that Mary knows a lot about both gender equality and sustainable fashion. Why do we not get to hear that? Still, I'm sure this is not going to be the last time I'll read the interview because, as every other time, I have the feeling that I'm getting a little closer to understand who she is. As I myself get older, it has become more important for me to understand the choices she has taken. You know, I admire her and what she has become; to me she is a role model (though she does not see herself as a role model because she thinks it depends on who you ask) To me she is the woman I would like to be, with what she has achieved. No doubt that I'll do it my own way, but Mary makes me wanna fight for making the best out of myself, helping others and make the world a better place. So 4 out of 5 crowns from me!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar