Mary on the Cover of Vogue Australia!


Yes, this is really happening! For the second time Mary is on the cover of Vogue Australia this time the August 2016 issue. I'm sure you clearly recall the fantastic photos of the Crown Prince couple from the December 2004 issue, here. A few pictures have already been published along with a short review, here, on Vogue Australia's website a couple of days ago. I have had the intention to share this amazing news with you right since the minute I found out about it but lots of things is going on in my life right now. Therefor, I prioritize my time with what comes first. I sincerely hope you understand. This does not mean that I have forgotten you or blog, because I have certainly not! It simply means things will sometimes be a little late. I assume many of you are enjoying your holiday along with family and friends and do not have much time to look at my blog for news all the time. But this is really great news which I of course need to share with all of you. Vogue Australia cover some of the most prominent stars every month but the August issue is way more interesting, for us, than usual because the Crown Princess of Denmark is on the cover and inside the issue, photographed with her husband Crown Prince Frederik by Mario Testino for Vogue Australia. Vogue editor in chief Edwina McCann and fashion director Christine Cenetenera were invited to the royal couples home in Copenhagen to talk to Mary about speaking for the voiceless, her role as a prominent world leader and her true passion for sustainable fashion. The pictures were taken at the time when Mario Testino visited Denmark, in May, with his team to celebrate his first exhibition in Denmark, here. The exhibition shows some of his most spectacular photos, also of the royal couple.

With what we have seen so far I can't wait to see the rest of the photos/interview with the Crown Princess and her husband! We have got a picture of the royal couple, all relaxed, along with all four children, then a stunning close up of Mary in some kind of royal blue dress/blouse and of course the cover featuring both Frederik and Mary all dressed in the most magnificent evening clothes. Frederik in a black suit and Mary in a new Alex Perry gown (so Heaven was right in her assumption) and her relatively new tiara. The August issue is available from July 11th and if I know any sweet Australians out there willing to buy it and tell me all about it -I would be so grateful.


Update, June 17th: A few days after I made this post I learned that yet another photo is published, where Mary is wearing the most beautiful Rachel Gilbert ball skirt (found by Kate), paired with a dusty pink silk blouse ID'd by Caroline as Ginger & Smart and her ruby parure earrings! Simple gorgeous. Thanks to both of you for sharing your incredible findings.

Update, June 11th: Since the news hit the world that Mary was about to cover the August 2016 issue of Vogue Australia, I have not been able to think about anything else. It was such a fantastic news! Until today we have seen three photos taken by talented photographer Mario Testino, but then the time was up for the magazine to hit the stores which means more photos and the ability to read a full , yet another, interview with the Danish Crown Princess. As usual, I'm stunned by the pictures! They are simply incredible. Both Frederik and Mary looks great and very happy. Fashion director Christine Cenetenera shared a photo of her, the Crown Prince couple and Mario Testino on her Instagram, here. Here you see Mary in a plain white coat by KITX by KIT WILLOW worn when she named a tanker on June 13th and at this unknown event in May (which turns out to be during the photo shoot taking place in Copenhagen with Testino and Cenetenera). I've gathered some links to you with the pictures. So, are you surprised or disappointed?? I am thrilled of what I see!

Smh.com.au
Instagram.com
Vogue.com.au 1

Update, August 2nd: With help from Kate I learned that the plain white figure hugging dress Mary is wearing in one of the photos is from Yeojin Bae, a designer Mary has never worn before. Since first time I saw her in that dress I've been in love with it but I had no idea where to look for it. Apparently the designer published the news about the Danish Princess wearing their dress at their Instagram, here.

Update, September 9th: I know many of you have an interest in the only thing I haven't been able to ID on my own; the blue shirt and jeans she wore on the large family photo including the kids. What I thought was almost impossible, wasn't. Now her light blue shirt has been identified as Fonnesbech, here.

Dress: Alex Perry Black Gown + Lucille Gown
Dress: Yeojin Bae Double Crepe Aimee Dress
Skirt: Rachel Gilbert Malaika Ball Skirt
Blouse: Ginger & Smart Secret Vice Shirt
Shirt: Fonnesbech
Rings: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Love Bands
Earrings: Diane von Furstenberg for H. Stern Jewelry Round Blue Topaz (similar)
Bracelet: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Love Bracelet
Bracelet: Georg Jensen Torun Cuff
Shoes: By Malene Birger Cinca Sneakers

10 comments:

  1. I have to ask my friends in Australia to buy me a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course you have to! It is now we need to help each other across borders :)

      Delete
  2. I'm here in Sydney and its supposed to hit our stands tomorrow ;-)
    I'll get back to you and let you know what I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would just be amazing! I will look forward to hear your assessment with great pleasure ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Henriette, I have just bought 2 copies so have a spare which I would be more than happy to send to you if you are happy to email me your postal address. I consider it a fair trade for all the wonderful work you do on your blog that I enjoy so much! Kind regards, Anne, Sydney Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... you are all so kind to me!! :) You are the third person offering me a copy. I barely believe it. It is so sweet of you but fortunately a copy is already on its way to me. I really want to thank you. I can not describe how honored I am. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. H, I'll let you read it for yourself now that you'll have a copy for yourself ;-)
    It was a good article and the photos are lovely.
    There is a family photo and I'd love to know what jeans and shirt she was wearing. Hope you can find out the details.

    I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think.

    Kh

    KK


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really look forward to read the article. I've heard both good and bad things about it so now I can't wait to see for myself what I think. If the article is as good as the photos; it can only be good :)

      About the shirt and blouse then it's the only unidentified clothes. I still do not know where it is from, but of course I will let you all know when I do.

      Delete
  5. I think the article could've been more in depth. And I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't that many photos.

    No worries about her clothing 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't wait to read the article and see the photos. Hopefully I will soon get the chance when I receive a copy by mail :)

      Delete