The Reumert Award / Årets Reumert 2016

Sunday, June 12th 

Crown Princess Mary attended this years Reumert Award 2016 show which was live broadcasted from the Opera House in Copenhagen

The Reumert Award / Årets Reumert 2016
The award goes back to 1998 where it was established by Bikubenfonden aiming to focus on live performing art in Denmark, to honor some of the talented Danish artists and arouse the interest for theater. Every year are 22 various awards presented and given to among actors, singers, dancers, stage designers etc. which are handed over in a live broadcast. This year, 2016, the Reumert Awards are given for the 18th time. You find more info here on the awards. 

Kongehuset.dk
Billedbladet.dk
Aaretsreumert.dk
Frederiketmary.centerblog.net
Princessesblog76.blogspot.com

The Reumert Award show is something I really look forward to every single year. I have watched the show now for quite many years and I truly enjoy the show. I would so much like to watch more live performances, plays in the theatre etc. but unfortunately am I far away from this cultural world, so for me to follow singers, actors and artists this one evening is just great. You get a perfect of what is going on, on stages across Denmark whatever you like classical music or innovative children's theatre. Prominent guests were all invited to watch the show which was broadcasted live on Sunday evening taken place in the Opera House in Copenhagen right across where the Crown Prince Couple lives. This is only important to know because another prominent woman who attended the show was the Crown Princess herself. She arrived, in a really good mood, as the last person right before the show was about to begin. Along with all the perfect dressed guests Mary enjoyed an evening honoring some of Denmark's most talented artists. This year 22 statuettes, designed by artist John Kørner, were handed over which have a combined value of DKK 1 million. It was actor Rasmus Btoft, actress Bodil Jørgensen and Danish comedian Nikolaj Stockholm who made sure both audience and TV viewers had a great evening. Usually we get a glimpse or two of Mary during the show but not this time. She was also on her own not accompanied by her husband who usually attends with her.

Despite it is the performing arts show of the year we only have seen very few pictures of Mary. Sadly. But I will not hide how surprised and maybe also shocked I am of what she wore on Sunday in the Opera House. She was more appropriately dressed than many others but that new dress was not really a success if you ask me. I'm still not sure where it's from -maybe Prada or Miu Miu, suggested by a reader- but I do not understand how it is possible to create something so... strange. And some strange colours to combine. Or maybe it's the embellishment on her upper body? I'm not sure what is wrong. One good thing about this new dress has to be the length. I can't imagine how it would look if it had been floor length. Am I the only who think this dress is a little... different? As much as she did not convince me with her choice of dress, I'm totally in love with her accessories! Drop-shaped Dulong Fine Jewelery earrings, a matching diamond bracelet and her golden leather pumps from Manolo Blahnik. That is just perfect for a night like this. Looks good on her when she walked down the red carpet arriving to the Opera House. Beautifully was also Mary's curly hairstyle. Quite simple and at the same time so elegant. Over all she is looking really pretty. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this outfit. Is the dress the most beautiful you have ever seen or...? The reason why I do not mention the clutch is because I am no longer sure where it's from. I've believed in Judith Leiber for a long time but then suddenly came the idea that it could be from a brand called Uterqüe -very much loved by Queen Letizia of Spain.

Earrings: Dulong Fine Jewelry Kharisma Earrings, Big w. Diamonds
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik Bb Metallic Leather Pumps

Ideas:
Dress: Prada Short Red Dress
Clutch: Uterqüe Snake Skin Clutch

11 kommentarer:

  1. Hello:

    Not her finest hour, but then we all have off days. I would love to see more photos her but I guess none will be forthcoming. I will say this: that shade of yellow is difficult to wear together with the gathers at the waist and the boxy look to the skirt was not flattering. Also, the whole look seem unfinished--seems there needs to be an light jacket or something over the dress.

    Oh well, she will have many more opportunities to make us forget about this flub.

    Regards,

    RW.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. If I've had as few "fashion-accident" as Mary has had in her 12 years in Denmark, I would be one happy woman. Her new dress is not awful at all but something just went wrong design it. Not the best materials and colours to match in my opinion. Despite that, I see so much potential in this dress. A few colour changes and everything would be perfect ;)

      Slet
  2. I have to disagree with you there!!! The dress is amazing, and match perfectly the rest of the look. For me this is one of her best outfits by far!!! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. This is what makes this so wonderful. Blogging for the most incredible readers, who all have each and their own opinion :) When you see an outfit you just love, you're not doubting at all. Thanks Gitte for sharing your disagreement with all of us ;)

      Slet
    2. ... I would hit the "like" button (if there were any) because you dare to love the dress no matter what everybody else says!

      Slet
  3. Girls fashion and their age are always inversely proportional. You have fantastic stuff on this blog that keep the girls young and beautiful with you fashion tips. Being a fashion artist I really appreciate your efforts and work.
    Love from Royal Lady

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You are very welcome! I'm glad you like what I and find it inspirational.

      Slet
  4. Not one of my favourite dresses CPM has worn. I suspect, the dress probably looks far better in person though. The dress is sold out anyway!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think you are right. The dress probably looks way better in reality. The dress itself is not bad a all but the combination of colours is completely wrong to me. Not the worst, neither the best we have seen Mary wear.

      Slet
  5. I don't know how much it can be trusted but Billed-Bladet said this dress was indeed Prada : https://pp.vk.me/c633124/v633124821/3494b/Rt2HTvz8WBc.jpg

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. At the time I also read about the dress in Billed Bladet which is why I also believe it could be Prada. Still I have not been able to find the right model. But thanks for sharing ;)

      Slet