Second Advent = Second Christmas Eve Inspiration


Finally it's time again for me to post the second Christmas inspiration with you. I hope you liked the first and find it inspirational that I share these with you. I really enjoy writing them because I get the chance to show you some of my favourite evening outfits and show you that it's not that hard to get the style of Mary as this blog is all about. There are only two weeks left to the big night whether you celebrate Christmas on the 24th or 25th of December. I have enjoyed my past week very much, I hope you have too. One more thing I hope, is that you are ready to get one more  Christmas Eve Inspiration. Actually it has been quite a challenge for me to chose this second outfit. First of all  because I have a limited number of pictures to choose from and the fact that there are many more than four outfits I would like to show you. Second I also want to find four outfit that matched your style because this is all about finding and sharing outfits that will inspire you. Last week I took you back to 2010 when the couple were in Germany on a official visit and Mary was pregnant with the twins. This time we only go a few months back to Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday. With the outfit I have chosen, I want to show you that even though this is a gala outfit it's perfect to copy and perfect for Christmas eve. The outfit was worn by Mary on April 16th when she attended a gala dinner at Fredensborg Palace to celebrate her mother-in-law.


Luxury
Dress: Mango Wrap Front Maxi Dress, Silver £79.99
Earrings: Adriana Orsini Pavé Crystal Small Pear Drop Earrings/Silvertone $100
Brooch: Blue & Fly Marquise Round Clear Crystal Layered Butterly Brooch Pin $18.99
Ring: Lord & Taylor Sterling Silver Pearl and Topaz Ring £71.38
Clutch: Nina Hasina Silver Rhinestone Clutch $67.95
Shoes: Barneys New York Nataly Pointed-Toe Pumps $179


Budget
Dress: Dixie Woven Wrap Front Sequin Maxi Dress £35
Earrings: Forever 21 Rhinestone Geo-Cutout Drop Earrings $6.50
Brooch: R.J. Granziano Crystal Star Pin £12.04
Ring: Blue & Fly Cz Pavé Tahitian Sheel White Pearl Cocktail Ring $24.99
Clutch: J. Furmani Stone Flap Clutch $36.45
Shoes: Other Gray Suede Pumps $149

Hair
Time for some hairstyle inspiration. Mary's hairdo was one of the most simple styles on earth. Millions of women wear this every single day and more important -we all know how to do a ponytail without any problems. This was one of the reasons why I chose this particular outfit because I think often you guys think it's a little difficult to get your hair done and maybe also your makeup. But the hairstyle from the Queen's 75th birthday dinner in April is just great, stunning and for sure easy to make and at the same time so elegant! As simple as the makeup is her hairstyle. Follow my instructions and I'm sure you will nail it. You only need are a comb, bobby pins and hair elastics. I hope it all makes sense to you. 

1/ Divide your hair into three sections, the front hair in two and one in the back. 
2/ Tease the back section. 
3/ Take the two sections of hair at front and make a small ponytail in the back of you head close to your neck. 
4/ Now you make a ponytail of the rest of the hair.
5/ Twist the little ponytail around the hair elastics and secure it with a bobby pin or two. 
6/ Finish with some hairspray. Done!

Makeup



Mary is know for wearing quite natural makeup whether she's attending a award show during the day or a gala dinner in the evening. Natural beauty highlighted by makeup. On this, the second advent, I chose to find a video how to do a similar makeup like Mary's. You may remember that I showed you a video of how to do her hairstyle in my first post. The only difference is the colour. The dusty smokey eye makeup is gorgeous and is great to use who like to experiment with your eye makeup. Any colour combination works with this one technic. Mary watch her black and silver with the silver brocade Temperley London evening gown and a berry lipgloss such as a blush in the same dusty colour. Just the way I like it! A little unexpected Mary had chosen to wear a pink nail polish matching the lipgloss perfectly. This colour was quite popular in the 60s for women to use and with the kinda retro-inspired hairstyle I think this would be a really nice Christmas outfit! Let's admit it, silver and Christmas are just fabulous together. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar